Get Trucking Permits To Operate Your Business Hassle-Free


Industry-experts at Truckadium guide you to get the right authorities and permits for starting a trucking company in Canada and USA. We list down the mandatory permits such as CVOR/ NSC US MC/DOT Number, IRP, IFTA, and more so that you hit the road prepared.


Truckadium offers you the necessary assistance to obtain the licenses and permits for your trucking business. We assess your business to ensure it meets the minimum eligibility criteria for registration and assist you with the application paperwork.


Professionals at Truckadium take care of your registration or renewal application processing and paperwork. We ensure you have a hassle-free experience as you register for the relevant permits and authorities in Canada & the USA for your trucking business. We also handle the renewal of licenses for your company such as Plate renewal, and Trip Permit, etc.

Getting Permits is 3 Steps Away

Discuss Your Requirement

Discuss Your Requirement

Consultants at Truckadium are available 7 days a week to assist you. Let us know your requirement and we will suggest you the important required permits and licenses in Canada & USA for your trucking business.

Submit Required Paperwork to Get Started


We will share the list of required documents. Once you submit them, we will take care of the application process for you.

Sit Back and Relax While we Get to Work


We handle the paperwork and application procedure. Get the mandatory permits and authorities for your trucking company without any hassle.

Our Services

  • Business Registration
  • CVOR/NSC Application
  • IFTA ( International Fuel Tax Agreement ) Application
  • IRP ( International Registration Plan ) Plates
  • US Authority - MC and DOT Number
  • UCR Registration
  • BOC3 Filling
  • MCS-150 New Application & Changes
  • A-Pass Set Up For Ambassador Bridge
  • ELD set up
  • EIN/FEIN Application
  • Kentucky Weight Distance ( KYU ) Tax License
  • New York Highway Use ( HUT ) Permit
  • New Mexico Weight Distance Permit
  • Oregon Permit
  • Canadian Carrier Code Registration
  • SCAC Code Registration
  • PARS/PAPS Labels
  • ACE/ACI Set Up
  • CBP Decals & Transponder - New Application & Transfers
  • Factoring Set Up
  • Loadlink & Truck Dispatch Software set up


How to get your own trucking authority and permit?

For Canadian trucking companies, the process varies from province to province if you want to operate only within Canada. For US authority, you must apply to obtain Operating Authority through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) in the form of a Motor Carrier (MC) number and DOT Number. Apart from this, there are some additional permits you might need. You also apply for different types of permits depending on what kind of cargo is being carried. You may need multiple permits to cover multiple types of cargo.
Truckadium provides services to help you understand and apply for the relevant authorities and permits. The paperwork is handled by our consultants to make the process hassle-free for you.

Who needs a CVOR?

CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration) is needed by operators of trucks with a gross weight or registered gross weight over 4,500 kg that may have been plated in Ontario, US or Mexico. CVOR certificate is not needed by vehicles plated in other Canadian provinces or territories.

Who needs an NSC number?

NSC (National Safety Code) is required by trucks or commercial vehicles licensed with a gross vehicle weight of more than 5,000 kg. The NSC standards supported by provincial regulations establish minimum safety standards for drivers and maintenance of trucks.

Who needs a US MC DOT number?

A US MC DOT Number is required by operators dealing in interstate commerce with vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs. It may also be required for carriers hauling hazardous materials.

What is the cost to get your own trucking authorities and permits?

The cost of getting your trucking permits to operate within Canada and cross the border to the US can be approximately around $1000 to $1200. IRP plate registration cost can be around $2700 to $3000 per year for a single truck. An expert trucking consultant would charge a service fee in addition to these charges. At Truckadium Inc we help you to get all required trucking permits at a very competitive price.

Is it worth getting your own trucking authority and permit?

Getting your own trucking authority and permit helps remove the middlemen and you can directly obtain freight from freight brokers, shippers, and load matching services like load boards (Loadlink). Obtaining an authority maximizes your profits and you can eventually grow your one truck trucking company into a big fleet.

How do I find loads once I get my own trucking permits?

Once you get your own trucking permits you can try one of the following methods to find loads:

  • 1. Look for freight brokers in your area.
  • 2. Hire a truck dispatcher.
  • 3. Look loads on load boards.
  • 4. Contact freight companies directly.
  • 5. Ask for referrals from existing customers

What is UCR registration?

UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) is a state permit against an annual fee, required by interstate carriers and brokers based on their fleet size. Cargo carriers under 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or ones that do not cross state borders are exempt from UCR registration.

What is BOC3 filing?

Filing of Form BOC-3 (Designation of Agents for Service of Process) gives a trucking company the right to designate their process agents in every state they operate. The designated process agent is legally allowed to accept court papers from the state on behalf of the trucking company. The form can be filed with the FMCSA by a process agent on behalf of a carrier.

What is IRP?

IRP (International Registration Plan) is an agreement between Canada, the District of Columbia and the U.S. to allow heavy commercial vehicles to operate in all the member jurisdictions in these two countries. Registered motor carriers receive a license plate that allows them to operate through all IRP member jurisdictions.

What is IFTA?

IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) is a cooperative program among member jurisdictions of Canada and the U.S. to collect and administer taxes related to motor fuel usage. It maintains one fuel use license for interstate carriers as they operate across all member jurisdictions. It also allows them to pay taxes every quarter to their base IFTA jurisdiction.

Contact Us

Phone: +1-437-900-2050

Let's Meet - Coffee Is On Us
5670 McAdam Rd, Unit # 300, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1T2

Training Centre
5670 McAdam Rd, Unit # 300, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1T2

Mon-Fri 09:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Sat, Sun Closed